The JJJ&E Logo

Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's Been Awhile.......

It's been awhile since I last posted on my blog. All is well here and I'll be adding some new posts in the days ahead. My layout is progressing slowly after completing almost 100% of the basic scenery. The "new" JJJ&E is well into its seventh year of operation. I am busy adding details to the many scenes on the layout. This all takes time, and as you get older, completed projects occur at a slower rate. One of the main projects I completed some time ago was adding rock work behind the 24 stall Roundhouse. This took time to complete as the rock work had to be completely weathered. The rock work is located in the 50 inch turnaround area behind the Roundhouse. I also had to build a backdrop for the rock work to rest against. The backdrop followed the natural curve of the bench work at that end of the layout.. I also have to add more vegetation that is growing in the crevices of the finished rock work. I'll take some photo's of the finished scene in several days. The view of the rock work will be seen from the diesel service yard at the opposite end of the Switching Yard.

Stay cool and run steam..... PSG1790

No comments:

Post a Comment